Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Unjustified Interactions With People I Do Not Know

I was at work the other day and I was about 60 feet away from this guy who was looking at me. I gave him the "Can I help you?" look. You know that one where you raise your eyebrows and slightly tilt your head up like you've been interested by something. Anyway, I was way too far away from him to have done said look, and it became weird. As I got closer I noticed he was completely bald, fake tanned, and he looked like he was melting. The ironic thing was, he was only like 5 or 6 years older than me. Back to the interaction, I had to hold the "Can I help you?" look for about 10 seconds, which if you've ever worked retail you'd know it's waaaay too long.

I finally made it up to him and asked if he needed any help. He looked very puzzled, and replied, "Oh, no, you just looked really familiar." I was caught so off guard, and I had no idea what to do. The woman he was with felt the awkwardness too, she looked as if someone had exploded in front of her.

Anyway I was sick of looking at me "twirling my shirt around my head like a hellacopta," so I thought I'd share.

-ROB


1 comment:

Monty said...

I definitely laughed out loud. And felt awkward afterward.