Monday, November 24, 2008

I don't like breakfast anymore


Dave and Mike's used to be a place I went to most weekends.

We'd often travel there by means of bike or foot prior to acquiring driver's licenses. I remember a specific day we walked down there from Billy's house.

These days though I am finding more and more that I do not feel very good after I eat breakfast.

Even when it's just cereal or something. I feel tired and drained rather than optimistic about my day.

This doesn't suggest by any stretch that I am talking shit on breakfast. It still in theory is a wonderful meal.

I will now offer a list of my favorite places for breakfast, places I would still go to even though I have changed my mind about breakfast.

Dave and Mike's
There is no question about it. This is the original spot. Where going to breakfast began and hopefully where it might some day continue.


Crepevine
The newest spot I've discovered for breakfast, they've got two locations that I know of. One in San Rafael and one on Fillmore.

Swinger's
Hands down the best pancakes I've ever had. Banana that is, if you get something else you're just a fruit. Only problem is this place is in Santa Monica. Bullshit.

-Monty

4 comments:

beni said...

I am all about checking out swinger's when I make my way down to said land of bullshit for thanksgiving. banana pancakes are the bombest shit on this earth. thanks for the tip, y0.

billy said...

half day cafe french toast is the best around. Sitting in my stomach this morning.

RAHB said...

duh ihop

Monty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.