Thursday, January 22, 2009

Friends Vs. Acquaintances

We make friends and we make acquaintances. Friends require much more than a common interest in alcohol and drugs. Things like drawing still life is a common interest that brings friends together. If the only thing you have in common with someone is you like beer pong, you're an acquaintance. I know this is a low level comparison of friends vs. acquaintances, but it takes more than some un-sober point of view to connect to a person.

I went through all of the people I know, and I found out I have an incredible amount of acquaintances rather than friends. This says something about how college is. You make a few good friends, but an overwhelming amount of acquaintances.

Now this isn't bad. A person goes into a social event and they can say "hello" to a few amount of people, to make themselves feel less awkward.

Ok, here we go. I must say I hate this approach to social life, and even if you're at UCLA, Boulder, COM, or UCSB you know what I'm talking about. I hope that we can diminish this social point of view and concentrate on people we really care about to build a future.

Please, it's too imense

-ROB

4 comments:

Monty said...

will do.

Nick said...

it's easy to make acquaintances when you know they listen to Gym Class Heroes and rarely talk about something other than themselves

Monty said...

It smells like someone pooped in my room.

Megz said...

i want to be your friend rob