Monday, January 12, 2009

Airports are fucking Shamele$$

On a journey that at its conclusion will have taken approximately 16 hours, I am hungry.

I hate eating in fucking airports. Especially after I've been in another country or something that has caused me to miss the food I covet at home.

When my first meal is a BBQ chicken pizza from a CPK express I am usually dissapointed. It is not the kind of transition I like to make back to the land where my meal options are so satisfying.

On this particular trip I have been cut no slack by the restaurants at Atlanta's airport. Upon reviewing my options I came to my last resort. Pizza Hut Express.

At first it didn't seem all that bad. It was not until I sat down to eat my long overdue meal that I was hit with the outrageous realization that I had been ripped off beyond my expectations.



I was met with this fucking piece of pizza which if you can't tell measures about 4" in diameter.

To the right of this pizza is my receipt that tells the story (in numbers) of how I got fucked over.

$6.08 was what this pie cost me along with a medium (which is the smallest size they offer) coke.

Fuck airports. They get you when you're hungry and convinced that you need.

-Monty

3 comments:

Nick said...

I agree. I found the SFO domestic terminal actually has some good vendors though, I think it's a reflection on the demographic of whatever city you're in.

RAHB said...

What are you talking about Pizza Hut express is the BOMB

Monty said...

That's true about demographics. Because SFO does have some good restaurants, still highly overpriced but not bad options.

Pizza Hut Express is not the bomb, and the lack of explosiveness becomes even more clear when you get your receipt.